Vaporizers: What you need to know!
So we all know that smoking is bad for us. This is a statement that really can’t be argued. It has been proven and continues to remain true that smoking is hazardous for your health. It is known to kill half of the people who smoke. This is why people are switching to vaporizers. Not just to replace cigarettes but for their medicinal herbs as well.
Let us not forget to mention that smoking stinks and creates horrible breaths and is not excepted by the general public anymore. Remember those days when it was classy? Only the elite were smokers. Not anymore… What if there was a different way to consume the tobacco and herbs without the smoke or the side effects. We have a solution! Vaporizers! Some people are calling it their “Vape” nowadays.
What exactly is a Vaporizer?
These awesome machines have been around in many different makeups since the 1960s, but most of them during that time were not portable. They were stationary and considered desktop devices. The Chinese pharmacist Han Lik is known as one of the main creators of the Vaporizer or as it is also called E-cigarettes. When his father passed away from cancer he created this awesome device that has helped so many people! Formerly called the Ruyan which translates to “like smoke” made a great name for itself where he resided.
By the early 2000s, the term “Vaping” and the machine itself had made its way to America. “Vaping” defined is the idea and action of applying heat to a liquid substance or herbal medicine that creates a vapor. Once you have inhaled the vapor you have received your herbal or nicotine dose, that is if you chose to have nicotine because you can also get it without.
While some of the E-cigarettes look just like a regular cigarette, there are many alternatives out on the market today for you to customize and choose from. Options are open from the size of vaporizers to the shape of the machine and the battery capabilities and the list goes on…
It is so wonderful that there are alternative options for people to choose when they have decided that smoking no longer suits them! Here is even some more detailed information on how Herbal Vaporizers work.
How Popular Are Vaporizers?
In recent times the popularity of these devices has become so mainstream that there are cafes that have opened just for this crowd! They are called “Vaporiums” and they sell all the hardware you could imagine to go along with the e-liquids. There are many different flavors to choose from and a place for you to vape! When we say many flavors we mean many!
I was amazed when I did research on the many different kinds of mixes and matches you can make with the flavors! You have the basic traditional tobacco flavors and menthol. Then the list expands to flavors like pina colada and lime cantaloupe, crème de mint, and Cinnabon! There are hundreds more too.
What is the Vape E-liquid?
What is it made of? There is a bit of artificial flavoring that goes into the mix, as well as propylene glycol/vegetable glycol, and don’t forget the nicotine!
Let us mention that the vaping market is not solely confined to the likes of those that vape with tobacco. Those who like to smoke Marijuana also have accepted and incorporated this machinery into their daily lives! The idea with the vaporizer when it comes to marijuana smokers is that it will not burn or combust the useful parts of the plant.
It allows for the THC to be released in a non-harmful manner, and you are receiving all the benefits from the plant without the harmful waste. It creates a better situation for all involved! With all the recent light shed on the topic of Marijuana, it is nice to know that some very positive benefits are coming into the light around the use of Medical Marijuana!
Benefits of using Vaporizers:
In recent times, it has become clear that there are many bans in many states on the very act of smoking! It is great that there is another option for people to choose, and because there is little exhaled or contributed to the outdoor environment, it is widely becoming a good pick.
Not to mention, you are also saving tons of dollars on not purchasing cigarettes!!! If you buy a pack a day as a traditional smoker, you are spending almost 3,500 dollars a year on cigarettes!! Can you believe that??
And if you are not a smoker, it benefits you because you do not have to smell anything nasty!! People used to get aggressive with me when I would walk by with a cigarette! Gone are those days!!
How Do Vaporizers Operate?
There are just a few components that make up a vaporizer. You will see the power source, heater coils, and the e-juice. When it comes to e-cig mod you have a little more going on. The heater coils will heat the e-juice and you inhale while the vapor produced is exhaled!
These mods you have to build the coils yourself. It’s not to difficult but will take a bit of practice to get good at it. Many have contests to see who’s vape mod can get the biggest cloud and vapor performance.
You will see that the makers have combined fashion with functionality as with the PAX 3 made by Ploom. The sleek design of this portable vaporizer will have you wondering if it was made by the same company your smartphone was made by. Durable too!
So what is the Argument?
We are not quite sure that the whole situation is completely safe! The E-liquid has not been around long enough to see the results of a longtime study. It is proven though that the less there is exhaled of traditional smoke in the world, the better the whole world is for it!
The Law says what?
Vaporiums are still free to allow people to vape, but in states like New York, they have closed many of these places and have made it illegal to vape in public! Retailers have their regulations that have to abide by. You must be 18 or 21, depending on your state, to buy, but in places like Canada, there have been ceased and desist letters released from their government!
Where do I find one?
If you take a look around you will see that shops and kiosks have developed all over but most have cheap stuff that is not likely to work well or last long, I have found it best to read up on the Vaporizer reviews at reputable websites before buying one on a whim.
It truly is the next thing! At a rate of 2 billion a year range, it is not a surprise! The FDA is paying attention and is in the process of regulation on these items! Hopefully, they will find a good compromise for all of us concerned! We will also try to keep you updated with what’s going on in the Vaping news section.
15 REASONS WHY YOU SHOULD SWITCH TO VAPORIZING
If you aren’t convinced yet, here are fifteen reasons why owning a home vaporizer will work so much better for you than a personal hookah or shisha.
- Zero ash: Since vaporizers operate on the principle of vaporizing (as the name implies), they produce absolutely no ash – because there is no combustion. Switching over from smoking to vaporizing means you’ll be saying goodbye to that sooty, stinky ashtray filled with cigarette butts!
- Significantly reduced amount of chemicals: Tobacco smoke contains thousands of chemicals (and several hundreds of these are toxic, with 70 being carcinogenic!). With vaporizing the chemical content of what you inhale comes down to a mere handful of safe chemicals.
- Much more economical: Good vaporizers will efficiently release the active ingredients from the herbs, so you can reap their benefits. On the other hand, smoking involves combustion, which means most of the herb’s active ingredients will have lost their virtue by the time they are released since combustion alters their chemical composition! Where a joint or cigarette would take a large number of input herbs to deliver a good high, a vaporizer would let you achieve a much cleaner, better high with a much smaller amount of herbs. This means you won’t have to empty your pocket to keep your alternative herbal treatment going.
- Plenty of options: There are several varieties of vaporizers, ranging from small e-cigarettes to tabletop versions. Their modes of operation are different, so you can choose one that suits you best, ranging from manual air intake to automatic airflow. As vaporizers become increasingly modular, there are several customization options available that allow you to personalize your vaporizer with skins, colors, and parts.
- A wide variety of flavors: Besides vaporizers that heat up and produce pure herbal vapors, you can add a twist to your experience by throwing in different flavors, such as chocolate, strawberry, mint, and so on. There are hundreds to choose from and try. This is possible only because of the working principle of vaporizers that relies on heating and vaporizing rather than burning.
- Vary the hit’s strength: Modern vaporizers let you alter their operating mode by adjusting their heating temperature. This changes the composition of the vapors which means you can readily alter the strength of the hit you’re taking from the herbs. This is particularly helpful if you want to gradually bring down your herb intake.
- Smoking as it is supposed to be: Vaping produces a realistic puff of vapor that appears just like smoke, and gives you a hit that is much more tangible than what a cigarette gives you – right at the back of your throat every time you inhale. Pocket vaporizers even come with glowing tips and cigarette butts to imitate the look and feel of a cigarette!
- Avoid smoking restrictions: Even though vaporizing essentially has the same purpose and effect as smoking, it isn’t smoking (because there is no combustion and hence smoke). This implies that vaporizing isn’t subject to the same strict bans and restrictions as smoking is. You can use vaporizers in most public places without anyone frowning on you because it is completely non-obtrusive – no bad odor, no ash, and no risk of passive smoke.
- Easy to use: Vaporizers may seem like modern gadgetry, but they aren’t difficult to operate. Most are activated employing a simple switch and the cartridges can be readily replaced, refilled, and reused. The heating element is battery operated – the batteries are either rechargeable or replaceable just as in ordinary electrical appliances. Cleaning a hookah or shisha may be a complex job, but vaporizers can easily be taken apart, cleaned up/maintained, and then put back together for continued usage.
- No risk of fire: Once again – smoking involves burning and where there is even a tiny spark, there is the risk of it turning into a fire. With vaporizing, however, it is a completely different story, since it involves heating, but not burning. There is no risk of a spark or combustion, so you can fall asleep with a vaporizer on and your house and all its belongings will be completely safe. If this was a cigarette or joint, though, there would have been a sizeable risk to your house, family, and belongings. You don’t even have to worry about accidentally throwing a matchstick in the wrong place!
- No smell: Cigarette smoke has a distinctly irritating odor that can irk many non-smokers, and may even repel them from you to the point that they try to avoid conversations or contact with you. Even if you aren’t actively smoking, the odor will most likely be present in your garments and this will be sufficient to repel people who dislike the smell of cigarette smoke. The vapor produced by vaporizers has only a faint smell – and that too of the flavoring. Other than that, there is no lasting pungent odor that gets transferred to your clothes, so you don’t have to worry about a constricted social circle or reproachful stares from strangers. The flavoring may even lend you an attractive aroma!
- No second-hand smoke: The vapors produced by a vaporizer do not contain any harmful chemicals and are much more controlled than cigarette smoke. This means that those around you have little chance of experiencing passive inhalation.
- No stained teeth: Smoking produces tar and other harmful chemicals, which lead to stained teeth, which have a sickly brown-yellow hue, which is extremely unappealing. Moreover, these chemicals lead to a foul lingering mouth odor, which makes it very hard to talk to people up close. Vapors from vaporizing have no such harmful chemicals, so you don’t have to worry about bad breath and dirty teeth.
- No smoker’s cough: Once again, vaporizing doesn’t involve inhaling any toxins (as opposed to smoking), so you won’t get the typical cough associated with smoking that occurs because of irritation at the back of your throat.
- Negligible cancer risk: Tobacco smoke contains seventy known cancer-causing ingredients – but vapor contains next to nothing. Only traces of nitrosamines are present as a result of nicotine extraction from tobacco, but there are well within FDA approved limits. Cigarettes contain a 1,400 times larger amount of these. Switching from smoking to vaporizing cuts down your risk of cancer almost exponentially.